Want to teach in Qatar?
We help UK teachers find their perfect teaching job in Qatar.
Want to try something new? How about a place with a warmer climate, tax free salary and better quality of life?
Is now the time to start thinking about a teaching job in Qatar?
We are a values driven company. This is very important to us because we are working with people like yourselves and we know we need to help get every decision right.
What is it like to live and teach in Qatar?
Living in Qatar can be a unique and rewarding experience for many people and especially teachers. Some of the things that people commonly say about living in Qatar include:
- Diverse and welcoming community: Qatar is a very diverse country, with people from many different nationalities living and working there. This makes it a very welcoming and inclusive place to live, as people from all over the world are able to find common ground and build strong relationships. As a teacher in Qatar you will get the opportunity to teach with other teaching professionals from all over the world and let's not forget the kids. These schools are international schools so you will get to meet students from every corner of the world.
- High standard of living: Qatar is known for having a high standard of living, with good healthcare, education, and infrastructure. The country has invested heavily in developing its infrastructure, making it a modern and comfortable place to live. As a teacher in Qatar you will get to experience and be part of this massive change happening in this small country.
- Warm climate: Qatar has a warm climate, with hot summers and mild winters. While this can take some getting used to for people who are used to cooler climates such as the UK, many people enjoy the year-round sunshine and outdoor activities that the warm weather allows. Personally, I loved the weather there. It felt like being on a permanent holiday. IN the summer it does get very hot however you are able to fly back to the UK so you will miss the intense heat.
- Fast-paced lifestyle: Qatar is a fast-paced country, with a lot of opportunities for business and entrepreneurship. This can make it an exciting place to live, but it can also be stressful for some people. Most schools are located in Doha so if you are after a teaching job in Qatar then you will want to be OK with city life.
- Cultural and recreational activities: Qatar has a rich cultural heritage and offers a range of activities for residents, including cultural festivals, sports events, and outdoor activities such as hiking and water sports. Don't forget that the weather in Qatar is excellent so there will be no more days staying in because it's cold and wet outside.
For teachers, Qatar can be an attractive destination, with many opportunities for teaching jobs in a range of subjects and levels. The country has invested heavily in education, with a strong focus on improving the quality of teaching and learning. Teachers in Qatar can expect competitive salaries, good benefits, and opportunities for professional development. Read our blog section to find out more about teaching in Qatar.
In addition to teaching jobs, Qatar offers a range of other opportunities for expats, including jobs in finance, hospitality, and engineering, among others. The country is known for its strong economy and vibrant business community, making it an attractive destination for professionals from all backgrounds. This is ideal if you are intending to bring a partner along with you.
Overall, living and working in Qatar can be an exciting and rewarding experience for teachers and other expats, with a range of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether you are looking for a teaching job or another type of employment, Qatar is a country that offers many opportunities and a high quality of life.